At Zion Lutheran Church, we aim to make real and relevant connections with God in the life of all people. We follow Jesus because we believe there is no better way to live than walking in the light and love of Christ.
We believe this happens best through….
- Real and meaningful connections with Jesus
- Relevant and vital teaching and preaching
- Renewed lives through faith practices and learning
- Relationships that develop which are genuine and caring
- Serving others following the examples of Jesus Christ
- Remembering God’s mark on us in our baptism
We focus on…
- The Gospel message of new life as a gift of God’s amazing Grace! We commit our self to sharing the message that God has acted on our behalf in Jesus.
- Worship centered on Jesus Christ. For thousands of years, Christians gather on the Lord’s Day to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. For worship to be vital and meaningful, we believe it must be uplifting and participatory.
- The Bible. God’s Word is our foundation, practical and faithful in addressing everyday issues, life-changing in its power and content. It’s one place we meet Jesus, and it is through this Word, Jesus becomes real to us.
- Prayer. We commit everything we do at Zion Lutheran to seeking God’s guidance through the power of prayer. We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit through prayer, that prayer changes things and is an essential part of our life together.
- Christian discipleship is created through our congregation’s culture in which, studying the Bible, devotional and life reflection is central to who we are. We seek to follow Jesus with our whole heart, mind, and soul.
- We commit ourselves to passionately sharing the love of Christ in relevant and engaging ways with those who are not yet connected to Jesus or any faith community. Because people outside the church matter to God, we will make them a priority of our mission. We continually seek to create a warm and inviting climate of warmth and hospitality that welcomes all to come and hear about Jesus at their own pace.
- As we give ourselves away in love and service to others, our own life takes on fuller meaning and value. We seek to become a community of faith the will serve as Jesus served. People, we believe, are eager to make a difference in their lives and leave a legacy of significance.