A synod-wide event to enhance and support congregation confirmation ministries by exploring church wide connections, engaging servant learning, and creating community. Cost is $10 per person. This year’s theme is “Living our Baptism: The Five Gifts of Discipleship.” Living our baptism is our faith journey as we come from the baptismal waters to live a new life as children of God. Our baptism sets us out on a lifelong journey that is characterized by our relationship to God, our relationship to our faith community, our relationships with various parts of our neighborhood and community, and our relationship to the wider world. Participants will leave with a deeper understanding of the Five Gifts of Discipleship and how to live these out in their lives.
Five Gifts of Discipleship:
- to live among God’s faithful people;
- to hear the word of God and share in the Lord’s Supper;
- to proclaim the good news of God in Christ through word and deed;
- to serve all people, following the example of Jesus;
- to strive for justice and peace in all the earth.
Sunday, January 14, 2018, 1-6 PM
Zion Lutheran Church, Muscatine
To learn more and register visit: